Minnesota Association of Wheat Growers
Invest in Your Industry
Consider becoming a MAWG member.
For 39 years, the Minnesota Association of Wheat Growers has been working to represent YOU, the producer, at the state and national level. MAWG funds a lobbyist to voice your concerns in St. Paul and Washington DC.
As a member of MAWG you are also a member of the National Association of Wheat Growers. A portion of your MAWG dues goes to the National Association of Wheat Growers. NAWG funds lobbyists to represent the wheat industry in Washington DC.
Membership dues in the MAWG fund lobbying efforts on issues that improve profits for Minnesota wheat producers and support educational programs. Many important projects and policies have become reality because of the efforts of MAWG.
Everyone pays the wheat check-off, however that does not make you a member of MAWG. Checkoff dollars and MAWG membership dues support different activities.
Checkoff dollars fund the Minnesota Wheat Research and Promotion Council (MWRPC). The MWRPC directs those funds to develop new wheat varieties, improve production, find new uses and help promote wheat exports and domestic uses of wheat.
The MAWG and MWRPC work together on grower education and promotion of the wheat industry.
- Wheat Grower focused lobbying efforts at the state and federal level
- Free Registration to the Prairie Grains Conference, December 12 & 13, 2018 (Banquet and Informational Meetings included)
- Free registration to educational and informational meetings held throughout the year
- Membership in the National Association of Wheat Growers
- New Members will be listed in the Prairie Grains Magazine
- Small Grains Update Newsletter
- MAWG on ICE – annually in February
- MAWG Sporting Clay Shootout – annually in July, Northwest Sporting Clay course, Thief River Falls, MN
- Wheat Open Golf Tournament – annually in July
- 50% of your membership dues are tax deductible
NOTE: MAWG membership information will not be sold, traded or given away.