University of Minnesota Extension is pleased to announce the schedule for the third year of its popular Nitrogen Smart program. Nitrogen Smart is an educational program designed to provide the information necessary to evaluate nitrogen fertilizer options. Farmers attending this program learn how to maximize profits from nitrogen applications while minimizing environmental impacts.
Nitrogen Smart is offered through a partnership between University of Minnesota Extension, Minnesota Corn Growers, and the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center. The three hour program will be offered in 11 locations around Minnesota starting on February 14. Locations and times include:
- February 14, 1:00 PM, Houston Co. Justice Center, Caledonia
- February 26, 1:00 PM, MN West College, Pipestone
- March 5, 12:30 PM, Henry’s Catering, Foley
- March 12, 1:00 PM, Renville Co. Government Center, Olivia
- March 13, 1:00 PM, South Central College, North Mankato
- March 16, 1:00 PM, Carver Co. Extension Office, Cologne
- March 20, 1:00 PM, Community Center, Ellendale
- March 28, 9:00 AM, Ag Country, Ada
These three meetings will be tailored specifically for farmers who irrigate:
- March 1, 1:00 PM, U of M Research and Outreach Center, Rosemount
- March 2, 1:00 PM, Monticello Community Center, Monticello
- March 27, 1:00 PM, The Cactus, Perham
Attendees will receive “Nitrogen Smart” designation, which will be good for three years. There is no cost to attend due to generous support from the Minnesota Corn Growers. No pre-registration is required. For more information and exact locations you can visit: z.umn.edu/NitrogenSmart.
Source: University of Minnesota Extension: Minnesota Crop News